Declared a national park in 1954, the Parque Nacional de las Ca˝adas del Teide includes an enormous volcanic crater 30 miles in circumference, from which rises Mount Teide at a staggering 12,200 feet, making it the highest peak in Spain. Mount Teide National Park offers one of the most spectacular examples of volcanism in the world and represents the best example of volcanic ecosystem in the Canary Islands. Be delighted with these great examples of natural endemic richness found on the island.
Embark on a dynamic guided tour through Tenerife’s geological wonders, as you visit Teide National Park and explore its spectacular volcanic landscapes. Behold Mount Teide, Spain’s highest mountain and the third largest volcano on earth. Walk around the park’s massive central crater and through rivers of petrified lava while your guide identifies the area’s native flora and fauna. See El Roque Cinchado, one of the world’s largest lava stone formations, which resembles a human finger.
• Teide National Park: Explore Tenerife’s geological wonders in the home of Mount Teide, the world’s third largest volcano.
• Volcanic Wonders: Walk around the park’s massive crater and lava fields while your guide identifies local flora and fauna.
• El Roque Cinchado: See one of the world’s largest lava stone formations, which faintly resembles a human finger.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, cobbled or gravel paths.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Due to the high altitude (2,300 meters) reached during this tour it is not recommended for guests who may suffer from heart disease or breathing difficulties as the air will be thinner.