OVERVIEW: Murcia's medley of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture combined with the charming scenery of the Sierrade Carrascoy foothills make this half day tour a memorable one.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy a scenic one hour ride to the Murcia province. Visit the Fuensanta Monastery and see the baroque style temple and the Virgin of Fuensanta, Patroness of Murcia. Visit the Casino de Murcia to witness the Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture in this elite social institution.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.75 mile (approx. 2.25 hours) over various surfaces and 3 - 15 steps.
Explore Murcia’s remarkable history and culture while on a half-day guided city walking tour, with visits to an exquisite monastery and the distinguished Royal Casino. Travel on foot through the region’s vibrant capital city, viewing Gothic and Renaissance buildings. Relish panoramic city vistas as you tour the Baroque-style Monastery of the Virgin of Fuensanta, where pilgrims gather during Lent. Behold the city’s most emblematic building, the Royal Casino of Murcia, admiring its gorgeous eclectic architecture.
• Guided Walking Tour: Embark on a half-day stroll through Murcia’s old down district, packed with splendid Gothic and Renaissance edifices.
• Monastery of the Virgin of Fuensanta: Enjoy breathtaking city views from the Baroque-style abbey, where fervent pilgrims flock each Lent.
• Royal Casino of Murcia: The notable private club, featuring opulent eclectic architecture, is the most visited building in the region.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .75 mile (approximately 2.25 hours) over various surfaces and 3-15 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with walkers or wheelchairs.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.