Begin panoramic walk to the Concepcion Castle. On first floor, the Wall of the Surprises will show the city from the perspective of its settlers. On second floor, visit the Museum of Illustrious. In the upper section of the Castle, have splendid viewpoints of the city & its port. After begin your walking tour on the Sea Wall to Town Hall Square & Main Avenue. Visit the Archaeological place of "Muralla Punica." Next, visit the Punic Wall & Interpretation Center. Enter Punic world & discover the rest of the wall that defended the primitive Quart-Hadast. Return to the ship. Note: must walk approx 1 mile (over approx 3 hours) over various even surfaces with 3 to 5 steps to enter/exit the coach.
Explore Cartagena’s illustrious history and ancient landmarks as you join a guided walking tour, with stops at Conception Castle, the Punic Wall, and other sites. Set out on foot with an informative guide along the city’s picturesque waterfront. Visit Conception Castle, a 13th-century excavated air-raid shelter which now comprises intriguing museum exhibits. Travel past magnificent Town Hall Square and view the Punic Wall ruins, the city’s first defensive wall built in the 3rd century BC.
• Guided Walking Tour: Join a knowledgeable guide on foot for a journey along Cartagena’s waterfront and through its bustling cityscapes.
• Conception Castle: Peruse interpretive exhibits and galleries in the 13th-century museum that was once an air-raid shelter during war times.
• City Landmarks: Journey past Town Hall Square and the Punic Wall, built by the Carthaginians in the 3rd century BC.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must walk approx 1 mile (over approx 3 hours) over various even surfaces with 3 to 5 steps to enter/exit the coach.
• Guests must be able to walk via ramp up to the castle for approximately 0.5 mile.