This tour covers all the main sights of Helsinki and also gives you a great overview of what the city has to offer. You will visit the Senate Square, which is the historic city center with its old buildings, such as the Lutheran Cathedral. From here your journey takes you to the Sibelius Monument, which honors Jean Sibelius, and then you continue to the Unique Rock Church, which is built into the bedrock itself, with a beautiful copper dome. This tour is a great introduction to Helsinki and Finland.
Finland’s “Daughter of the Baltic” shines on this panoramic bus tour highlighting towering Helsinki cathedrals, Parliament House, museums, an opera house and rock church. Senate Square features the Lutheran cathedral, while Mannerheim Street boasts museums and Parliament House. Photograph 1952-Olympics stadium, then Sibelius Park and its 600 welded-pipes monument, honoring composer, Jean Sibelius. Then it’s off to Temppeliaukio Rock Church. Before your return, explore the shipyards and open-air market on your own.
• Mannerheim Street: Helsinki’s main street, home to historic government buildings, National Museum, Finlandia Hall and contemporary art museum, Kiasma.
• Sibelius Monument: Marvel at this amazing tribute honoring great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, constructed using over 600 welded pipes.
• Temppeliaukio Rock Church: Experience the magnificence of this unique house of worship blasted into solid rock.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Tour involves walking about 900 yards over gravel surfaces with steps.
• Morning trip guests may remain in town afterwards and return to ship via shuttle.
• The Temppeliaukio Rock Church may be closed during religious functions.
• Tour makes several photo stops; order of tour may vary.
• In addition to English, this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests are needed for the tour to run in a different language.
• A return shuttle is included in the cost of this excursion. This will allow you the option to explore the city and return to the ship at your leisure.