This tour takes you through Bergen in carefree comfort and convenience. Drive through the old sections of the city, where white-painted wooden houses line the narrow streets. Pass by the bustling Fish and Flower Market and St. Mary's Church on your way to soak up the green hills just outside the city. From charming city neighborhoods to pristine countryside and medieval landmarks, you'll discover the best of Bergen.
See Bergen’s most notable landmarks, as you view the Norwegian city’s remarkable churches, stately medieval fortresses and bustling Bryggen wharf in a wheelchair-accessible coach. Travel through historic districts Sandviken and Skuteviken, passing charming white-washed homes and relishing panoramic views from Eidsvaag. View St. Mary’s Church, the city’s oldest stone building, cliff-side Fredriksberg Fortress, and the Gamlehaugen, holiday residence of Norway’s royal family. Drive by Bryggen’s illustrious harbor front, where 18th-century Hanseatic merchants once peddled goods.
• Scenic Drive: Explore Bergen’s oldest neighborhoods and enjoy spectacular city views while traveling in the comfort of a wheelchair-accessible coach.
• City Landmarks: See historic St. Mary’s Church, the 17th-century Fredricksberg Fortress, the Gamlehaugen royal residence and other noteworthy medieval buildings.
• Bryggen: The legendary Hanseatic wharf once swarmed with 18th-century merchants selling wares from the harbor-front area’s timber row houses.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• This tour is designed for those guests who are full-time wheelchair users.
• Space permitting, we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
• In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter.
• Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle.
• Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact in advance of the cruise the Shore Excursion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to review full details on this tour and availability.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (height, length and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking to email@example.com.
• Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.