Why rush through Copenhagen when you can experience this thriving city on foot together with the locals? Walking the narrow streets is a great way to immerse yourself in the rich history and cosmopolitan charm of this European jewel. Explore the old sailors' quarter. Visit the Queen's Palace and gardens. Wind your way through the cobblestone streets of medieval Copenhagen, as you soak up the sights on an up-close and personal city tour. Guests must be able to walk approximately 4 miles (3 hours) over cobblestone streets and even surfaces.
Take in historic and charming Copenhagen on a walking tour through streets and squares and past the landmarks that capture the essence of the city that has been Denmark’s capital since 1417. Start your three-hour journey at the signature Little Mermaid statue, then continue to Amalienborg, the Queen’s Palace. Enjoy a stroll along the canals of Nyhavn, the old sailor’s quarter, now a fashionable center where you’ll pause for a drink.
• The Little Mermaid: Get a close-up look at the sculpture gifted to the city by Carlsberg brewer Carl Jacobsen.
• Amalienborg Palace: Check to see if the flag is raised to signal the queen is in her main residence.
• Nyhavn: Stop for a beverage and enjoy the old port whose famous residents have included Hans Christian Andersen.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Closed-toe shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk about 4 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces.
• Tour lasts approximately 3 hours.
• Tour operates in all weather. Take appropriate gear.
• One beverage per person will be served at one of the taverns/cafes in Nyhavn.