Take in historic and charming Copenhagen on a walking tour through streets and squares and past the landmarks that capture the essence of the city that has been Denmark?s capital since 1417. Start your three-hour journey at the signature Little Mermaid statue, then continue to Amalienborg, the Queen?s Palace. Enjoy a stroll along the canals of Nyhavn, the old sailor?s quarter, now a fashionable center where you?ll pause for a drink.
• The Little Mermaid: Get a close-up look at the sculpture gifted to the city by Carlsberg brewer Carl Jacobsen.
• Amalienborg Palace: Check to see if the flag is raised to signal the queen is in her main residence.
• Nyhavn: Stop for a beverage and enjoy the old port whose famous residents have included Hans Christian Andersen.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Closed-toe shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk about 4 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces.
• Tour lasts approximately 3 hours.
• One beverage per person will be served at one of the taverns/cafes in Nyhavn
• Tour operates in all weather. Take appropriate gear.
• A return shuttle is included in the cost of this excursion. This will allow you the option to explore the city and return to the ship at your leisure.