Kayaking is a very popular way to experience the nature, scenery and the tranquility of Aurlandsfjord and Flam. As you paddle along the fjord you will see mountain farms that cling to the hillside, and farm animals such as goats and sheep that graze alarmingly close to the edge of the fjord. This is the perfect excursion for experienced and first-time kayakers, as it features beautiful scenery.
Paddle crystal-clear glacial waters past rugged mountain slopes on this unforgettable adventure tour. For experienced kayakers or first-timers, the sights along the 18-mile Aurland fjord are so extraordinarily beautiful that they inspire a hushed silence, broken only by the splash of paddles and the call of wild birds. See mountain farms clinging to the hillside, grazing goats and sheep, waterfalls, small villages and snow-capped peaks on an experience of unsurpassed natural beauty.
• Guided Kayaking: Experience Norway’s natural grandeur, beauty and tranquility on the waters of the Aurland fjord.
• Mountain Farm Views: Watch goats and sheep grazing the steep slopes of the high cliffs above the water.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Closed-toe shoes (non-slip soles recommended)
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Although this tour does not require previous kayaking experience, guests must be competent swimmers and in good physical condition.
• Guests with back or neck injuries and those who are pregnant or have epilepsy or any medical condition that can be triggered by cold weather should not participate.
• Tour may be cancelled in the event of extreme bad weather or unsuitable conditions.
• The temperature in the fjord rarely exceeds 64 degrees.
• Guest minimum age: 7 years.