See the sights and get a total-body workout on this power tour of Finland's capital. Developed by Finnish cross-country skiers, Nordic Walking uses specially designed ski poles that engage the upper body for an energizing walking workout. You'll travel a five-mile circuit through seaside Kaivopuisto Park and Market Square's market; see Senate Square's Government Palace and Helsinki Cathedral; pass the Art Nouveau Parliament building and the dramatic curved exterior of Kiasma Contemporary Art Museum.
• Nordic Walking: This Finnish original uses special ski poles that engage the upper body for an energizing, total-body workout.
• City Squares: Visit the bustling market of Market Square and Senate Square's Government Palace and Lutheran Cathedral.
• Kaivopuisto and Kiasma: Nordic-Walk your way past the park's flowers and greenery; admire the dramatic design of the art museum.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Backpack for belongings and water
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate loose-fitting clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Walk covers approximately five miles over two hours, depending on speed, fitness and ability of group members.
• Nordic Walking poles will be provided.
• Guests should be aware that there are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking/walking excursion.
• Guests must be at least five feet tall to participate.
• Tour order may vary.
• Guests have the option to stay in the city after returning equipment.