Tallinn's Old Town can be best enjoyed on foot. Upper Old Town features the Russian Orthodox Church of St. Alexander Nevsky, Estonian Parliament Building and the 13th century St. Mary`s Cathedral. On entering Lower Old Town you'll visit St. Nicholas Church containing numerous of remarkable works of art. You will have the opportunity to enjoy a short concert of classical music in the church. Next you will continue along old streets passing the houses of merchants of the Hanseatic League. Then you will have a short stop in the Town Hall Square before walking to Mere Boulevard, where you will have the option to stay in town or return to the ship.
Discover Estonia's proud heritage on this guided tour of Upper and Lower Old Town. Climb Toompea Hill for sweeping views of Tallinn and experience the glory of Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, rich in glorious mosaics and religious icons. See the ornate altar inside St. Mary's Cathedral. Enjoy a classical music performance in St. Nicholas Church. Stroll the square under the tower of medieval Town Hall and narrow lanes lined by the former homes of rich merchants.
• Upper Old Town: Marvel at religious art treasures in Alexander Nevsky and St. Mary's cathedrals; enjoy sweeping hilltop views.
• Lower Old Town: Stroll the main square, dominated by the towering spire of Northern Europe's best-preserved medieval Town Hall.
• Concert in St. Nicholas: Hear the glorious refrains of a classical music performance resounding through this beautiful church.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with approximately 90 steps.
• St. Mary's Cathedral is closed to tours for occasional special functions and on Sundays; only exterior views will be available.
• Still and video photography are not permitted in Old Town cathedrals and churches.
• Time permitting, guests will have time to explore on their own.
• Upon tour conclusion, guests may stay in town and make their own way back to the ship.
• Tour order may vary.