Tallinn's Old Town can be best enjoyed on foot, and this tour will show both the Upper and Lower Old Towns. Climb Toompea Hill for sweeping views of Tallinn. The Upper Old Town features the glorious icons and mosaics of the Russian Orthodox Church of St. Alexander Nevsky, as well as Toompea Castle, which now houses the Estonian Parliament. You will also see the 13th century St. Mary`s Cathedral (Dome Church). On entering the Lower Old Town you'll visit St. Nicholas Church containing numerous remarkable works of art, including the famous ?Dance of Death.? You will have the opportunity to enjoy a short concert of classical music in the church. Continue your walk through history along old streets passing the houses of merchants of the Hanseatic League. Collect more memories in the gothic Town Hall Square before walking to Mere Boulevard, where you will have the option to stay in town or return to the ship.
• Upper Old Town: Marvel at religious art treasures in Alexander Nevsky and St. Mary's cathedrals; enjoy sweeping hilltop views.
• Lower Old Town: Stroll the main square, dominated by the towering spire of Northern Europe's best-preserved medieval Town Hall.
• Concert in St. Nicholas: Hear the glorious refrains of a classical music performance resounding through this beautiful church.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with approximately 90 steps.
• St. Mary's Cathedral is closed to tours for occasional special functions and on Sundays; only exterior views will be available.
• Flash photography is not permitted in Old Town cathedrals and churches.
• Time permitting, guests will have time to explore on their own.
• Upon tour conclusion, guests may stay in town and make their own way back to the ship. Please inform the tour guide if this option is selected.
• Tour order may vary.