Explore Helsinki by Jopo, the famous Finnish bike known as "everyone's bicycle". After a safety briefing, head into the Finnish Capital and ride along paths by city parks, waterfronts and residential and commercial areas, and experience the city from a unique perspective. View Helsinki's main city beach, Hietaranta, and Sibelius Park to see the monument to Finland's world famous composer. Pass through the residential district of Töölö to the shores of Töölö Bay. Stop for photos at the eastern Harbour and capture the beauty of Katajanokka Island. At Market Square, walk with your bike and safely enjoy the colorful sights and sounds of one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city.
Get an up-close glimpse of Helsinki parks, waterfronts and historic homes on one of Finland’s famous unisex bikes. Delight in 19th century villas as you pedal your “Jopo” through residential Töölö. The new Opera House, Finlandia Hall, Parliament and the National Museum loom in the distance. Snap photos on the eastern Harbor, and capture the unforgettable beauty of Katajannoka Island. Walk your bike through the bustling sights and sounds of an open-air market.
• Helsinki Highlights: Pedal through city parks, residential areas, and along waterfronts for a peek at beaches, monuments and historic homes.
• Töölö: See Helsinki’s Opera House, Finlandia Hall and National Museum as you wheel through this district of 19th century villas.
• Market Square: Walk your bike through this open-air market,and see posh waterfront homes, Kaivopuisto Park and Suomenlinna Island Fortress.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Extra bottled water
What to Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must able to walk approximately one-half mile over uneven pavement with some inclines and steps.
• Guests must be in good health and able to operate a bicycle with footbrakes.
• Bicycle helmets and safety vests (supplied) are mandatory.
• Guests must be at least 60 inches tall to participate.
• Children under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent.