Experience the Baltic’s answer to the French Riviera. The natural and relaxing atmosphere of Jurmala welcomes visitors with a host of spa resorts and a string of historical wooden estates close to the Baltic Sea. Your three-hour tour includes strolling down Jomas Street, the pedestrian-only main thoroughfare. And, if the weather is on your side, enjoy some free time sunning yourself on the beach or taking a dip in the sea.
• Nature’s health spa: Jurmala mixes sea breezes, pine aromas, mineral springs and sandy beach—the perfect therapeutic combination.
• Beachside architecture: Nineteenth- and 20-century wooden structures of all sizes dot the coastline — more than 4,000 total.
• Interesting fact: Leonid Brezhnev, Nikita Khrushchev and other Communist elites preferred relaxing in Jurmala.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk about 2 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces.
• In addition to English, this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Danish and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.