OVERVIEW: This tour takes you to see the highlights of Helsinki.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit Senate Square and see the Lutheran Cathedral. Drive past Uspenski Cathedral, Parliament House, the National Museum, Finlandia Hall, the Contemporary Art Museum, and the Opera House. Enjoy photo stops at the Olympic Stadium and the Sibelius Monument and visit the unique Temppeliaukio Rock Church.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 900 yards over even surfaces and some level gravel with 2 - 3 steps. Temppeliaukio Rock Church may be closed during religious functions.
Finland’s “Daughter of the Baltic” shines on this panoramic bus tour highlighting towering Helsinki cathedrals, Parliament House, museums, an opera house and rock church. Senate Square features the Lutheran cathedral, while Mannerheim Street boasts museums and Parliament House. Photograph 1952-Olympics stadium, then Sibelius Park and its 600 welded-pipes monument, honoring composer, Jean Sibelius. Then it’s off to Temppeliaukio Rock Church. Before your return, explore the shipyards and open-air market on your own.
• Mannerheim Street: Helsinki’s main street, home to historic government buildings, National Museum, Finlandia Hall and contemporary art museum, Kiasma.
• Sibelius Monument: Marvel at this amazing tribute honoring great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, constructed using over 600 welded pipes.
• Temppeliaukio Rock Church: Experience the magnificence of this unique house of worship blasted into solid rock.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Tour involves walking about 900 yards over gravel surfaces with steps.
• Morning trip guests may remain in town afterwards and return to ship via shuttle.
• The Temppeliaukio Rock Church may be closed during religious functions.
• Tour makes several photo stops; order of tour may vary.