You will pass from the head of the Aurlandsfjord through two long tunnels carved in the mountainside to the small village Gudvangen, situated at the head of the Naeroy Valley. Continuing through this dramatic fjord landscape, you will follow a well known salmon river. You will arrive at Tvinde Waterfall, which cascades down the mountainside. You will stop for a short stroll at the Tvinde Waterfall to take a photo or just enjoy the wonderful scenery. Returning on the same route, you will visit the traditional Stalheim Hotel. Here you will be served coffee/tea and pastries while enjoying the splendid view.
Admire the legendary beauty of Norway’s fjords and one of its most dramatic waterfalls, with refreshments at a hotel high over the Naeroy valley. You’ll see the falls by the quaint village of Gudvangen and follow the winding valley road for a visit to Tvinde Waterfall, where multiple cascades pour over a cliff 360 feet high. Relax over traditional Norwegian pastries at stately Stalheim Hotel, with views of white mountaintops and green meadows.
• Scenic Drive: Wind through the 13 bends of Norway’s steepest road, with views of lakes, rivers and idyllic Gudvangen.
• Tvinde Waterfall: Foamy white streams course down a craggy rock face at one of Norway’s most beautiful falls.
• Stalheim Hotel: Enjoy a hot beverage, pastries and stunning valley views at this elegant hotel nestled between mountain slopes.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 200 yards over even and gravel surfaces, with two to three steps.
• Ramps and elevators are available at Stalheim Hotel.