Travel back to the days of Viking Kings and discover the Atlantic Ocean's marine life on this visit to the Saga Islands. Begin on the island of Giske, where you'll walk in the footsteps of Gange-Rolv and other Viking legends. Continue on to the island of Godoy and the incredible Atlantic Sea Park. This amazing facility is built directly into the rugged coastal landscape and features massive aquariums teeming with colorful fish and marine life.
Discover Norse culture and an extraordinarily unusual aquarium on this guided tour of Giske and Godoy islands. Both islands have sagas to tell, with 8,000 years of history, beautiful beaches and picturesque fishing villages. Pause for a quiet moment at the Romanesque Giske Church, built of white marble in the 12th century. Enjoy gorgeous island views from two scenic overlooks and the incredible menagerie of marine life at Atlantic Sea Park, Scandinavia’s largest aquarium.
• Saga Islands: Explore beaches and picturesque fishing villages; learn the secret, thousand-year-old Viking heritage of British monarchs.
• Alnes Lighthouse and Mount Aksla: Enjoy gorgeous views of the islands and the Norway coast from these landmark lookouts.
• Atlantic Sea Park: Watch fish and penguins in a huge aquarium carved into the rocky coastline.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing (light jacket recommended)
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk about half a mile over varying terrain, with steps and inclines at the Sea Park.