Explore the heart of Tallinn on a driving tour of its scenic and historic surroundings. This excursion combines a short walking tour as well as a panoramic drive of the city's major attractions and surrounding area. Start by driving by the beautiful Kadriorg Park, founded by Peter the Great in honor of his wife Catherine. En route you will have a photo stop at the Song Festival Ground and pass the well-preserved 16th-century ruins of St. Bridget's Convent and the Olympic Yachting Complex built for the 1980 Moscow Olypmic games. A short drive follows to Tallinn's Old Town, surrounded by ancient walls and tower gates. Enjoy a stroll on the narrow cobbled streets of the Upper Old Town. Marvel at vibrant artwork and sacred icons inside Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and coats of arms in St. Mary's Cathedral (Dome Church). Walk a short distance for a beautiful panoramic view of the Lower Town with its steeples and red tile roofs.
• Talinn Drive: See Kadriorg Park, Olympic Yachting Complex, St. Bridget's Convent ruins(coach passing by), the Song Festival Grounds, and Tall Hermann Tower.
• Palace Square: Walk up Toompea Hill for exterior views of Talinn's baroque 13th-century Toompea Castle, now housing the Estonian Parliament.
• Estonian Cathedrals: Admire gilded interiors and religious art treasures inside orthodox Alexander Nevsky and historic St. Mary's cathedrals.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over cobblestone streets, with approximately 30 steps and several inclines.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in churches.
• No flash photography inside cathedrals and churches.
• St. Mary's Cathedral closed to tours on Sundays and during religious holidays and events; exterior views only.
• Alexander Nevsky Cathedral closed to tours during services.
• For cathedrals, guides give commentary outside; guests then enter quietly on their own.
• Limited shopping opportunities on this tour.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions.
• Tour sequence may vary.