OVERVIEW: This comprehensive tour will acquaint you with the rich history of Visby, the "Town of Roses and Ruins."
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit Almedalen, the old Hanseatic harbor and tour the Botanical Garden and see the exotic plants, rich bird life, and stunning roses and magnolias. You'll also visit the impressive Sankt Maria Cathedral which dates back to the late 12th century. At the end of your tour, you'll stop for the perfect photo opportunity of the city and harbor in Högklint.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over cobblestone streets and downhill. This tour operates in all weather conditions.
Discover Visby’s rich history and charming culture on a guided tour throughout the well-preserved medieval city’s lush botanical gardens, historic churches, and stunning coastline. Visit beautiful Almedelan park, then stroll the bustling Hanseatic harbor front. Roam around botanical gardens, viewing colorful roses and other attractive blooms. Behold St. Maria Cathedral, a 12th-century towering masterpiece boasting exquisite stone sculptures and spires. Relish spectacular views of the city and harbor while standing atop cliffs in nearby Hogklint.
• City Landmarks: Visit Almedlen park, roam the Hanseatic harbor promenade, and wander past blooming roses in the city botanical gardens.
• St. Maria Cathedral: Tour the magnificent 12th-century church, with intricate stone exterior detailing and an extravagant interior design.
• Hogklint: Stand atop cliffs on Gotland’s picturesque west coast and enjoy a panoramic view of the city and harbor below.
What to bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over cobblestone streets and downhill.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour operates in all weather conditions.