Leeds Castle has witnessed some of the most storied days in English history. It served as the home of the Saxon Royal Family and later became the playground of infamous King Henry VIII. Step back to those days as you enter old chambers filled with medieval furnishings, paintings, and historic treasures. This tour is your chance to relive the days when English Royalty ruled with a ruthlessly elegant hand.
• Explore Leeds Castle, one of the most romantic and ancient castles in the Kingdom.
• Learn about the history of English Royalty dating back to the 9th century.
• See the historic chambers of the castle and walk its wooded grounds.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.33 mile over flat pavement at the castle with 30 to 40 steps.
• Tour order may vary between groups but always covering the mentioned sites.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 45 minutes for shopping and browsing in Leeds Castle gift shop.
• Photography is permitted inside Leeds Castle, however not in the Chapel.
• The drive to/from Dover is approximately 45 minutes, dependent upon traffic conditions.