Take in the sights of Ireland’s sophisticated city of Cork and see the famous Jameson Irish whiskey distillery. Your journey begins with a pleasant 45-minute drive to Cork and continues down major thoroughfares, including St. Patrick’s Street, as your guide recounts the history of neighborhoods and landmarks. Stop for photos at the magnificent St. Finbarr’s Cathedral, then head to the town of Midleton for an introduction to Irish whiskey at the Jameson Heritage Centre.
• Cork: Journey through this vibrant city whose core is flanked by two main channels of the River Lee.
• St. Finbarr's Cathedral: Take a picture at the elaborate Cork limestone Gothic revival church honoring the city's patron saint.
• Jameson Heritage Center: Learn about Irish whiskey on a tour of the distillery with time to browse the gift shop.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Camera Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk about 1500 feet over even surfaces with 20-30 steps.
• Elevator available for guests who need assistance with stairs.