Depart for Cork. Upon arrival, drive down Merchants Quay, St. Patrick's Street, Grand Parade & South Mall where guide explains history of French Quarter, English Market, Father Matthew's statue & Bishop Lucey Park. Continue past City Hall. Photo stop at St. Finbarr's Cathedral. Continue along College Road & make stop at University College Cork. Before return to Cobh, stop at hotel for Irish coffee. Note: must walk approx 200 yds over paved surfaces with steps. Tour operates in all weather conditions so take appropriate weather gear. 1 beverage (Irish coffee) p/ person served at tavern at direction of guide. Drive to/from Cobh is approx 45 mins each way.
Take in the sights of Ireland’s vibrant city of Cork and enjoy real Irish coffee. Your drive takes you down major thoroughfares, including St. Patrick’s Street, the city’s main shopping area, as your guide recounts the history of neighborhoods and landmarks. Stop for photos at the magnificent St. Finbarr’s Cathedral, and visit the beautiful grounds of world-class University College Cork. Pause on your return for a complimentary Irish coffee at a local venue.
• Cork: Journey through this sophisticated city whose core is flanked by two main channels of the River Lee.
• St. Finbarr’s Cathedral: Take a picture at the elaborate Cork limestone Gothic revival church honoring the city’s patron saint.
• Irish Coffee: Sip some of this distinctive drink, first concocted in 1943 at an air field in County Limerick.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk about 1200 feet over flat surfaces.
• Guests must be able to handle 2-5 coach steps.
• Tour will operate in all weather.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.