Oslo Walking Tour with City Hall - OS52
See historic buildings, cozy cafes and art galleries. Admire ‘Engebret's Cafe' –one of the oldest cafes/restaurants in Oslo and located in a beautiful square, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art, the old Military Hospital, and Christiania's old concert hall. In the city's ‘golden center,' you'll see monuments and buildings around Karl Johan Street – the Parliament Building, the University, the National Theater, and the Royal Palace. Continue with a visit to the City Hall, decorated by some of Norway's most distinguished artists. Walking into the grounds of the Akershus Fortress. Finally, follow a path from the fortress leading directly to the pier.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Discover Oslo’s cultural and historic sites on a guided tour of Norway’s capital. Walk through this modern city with its world-significant landmarks and greenery – more than half the city’s 175 square miles are covered by forests and parks – past cafes, art galleries, museums and along the wide bustling Karl Johans Gate. You’ll pass Parliament, the National Theatre and magnificent Royal Palace, then visit City Hall and walk through Akershus Fortress by the Oslofjord.
• Karl Johans Gate: Travel down Oslo’s lively, wide main thoroughfare lined with landmarks, shops and bars.
• Oslo City Hall: See where Nobel Peace Prize ceremonies are held every year in December.
• Akershus Fortress: Stroll the grounds of this medieval castle. Once a royal residence it was originally built in 1300.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk about 1.6 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with inclines.
• Parent or guardian must accompany children under 16.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• The city Hall can be closed on particular dates and guests will walk to the Opera Houese instead (exterior visit).
• Tour will operate in all weather conditions