Follow mountainside roads and continue through green valleys and snow-capped peaks to discover Herdalssetra Farm. Before 1960, there were no navigable roads to take you to this home of goats, cows, and sheep. It's still run the old-fashioned way and you'll spend the day with local hands who'll gladly show you the ropes. Plus, you'll get to taste the fresh goat cheeses and sweet fudges that have been called the best in Norway. Excursion involves approximately 0.25 miles over even, grassy surfaces with 2-5 steps. If weather impedes reaching the Mountain Farm then Home Farm will substitute. Tour order may vary between coaches.
The quaint charm of Norway’s oldest operating mountain farm, and the spectacular beauty of Geirangerfjord await you on this guided bus tour through mountains and lush valleys. You’ll ascend the 11-hairpin Eagle Road to take in famous Eagle Bend’s vistas of the Seven Sisters Waterfall and sparkling fjord. Once at Herdalsetra Mountain Farm, sample goat cheese, sweet homemade fudge, and experience a bit of the country’s farm life – including goats, sheep and cows.
• Herdalsetra Farm: Taste goat cheese, homemade fudge and some country life on Norway’s largest operating summer mountain farm.
• Geirangerfjord: Lose yourself in the cobalt beauty of this sparkling inlet surrounded by steep cliffs and snow-capped mountains.
• Eagle Bend: Navigate 11 hairpin turns for a panoramic view of the Seven Sisters Waterfall and your cruise ship.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable, non-slip shoes
• Tour involves walking about a 0.25 mile over uneven surfaces with steps.
• Weather conditions could necessitate bus route changes and visit to the Home Farm down in the valley instead.