This tour will be operated in English only. Board your coach and depart for this unique excursion where you will visit the two small fishing villages Skarsvag and Kamoyvaer on the island of Mageroya. After the visit in Kamoyvaer your coach will take you to the "North Cape Christmas and Winter house" in Skarsvag. Step inside, hear the Christmas music, experience the homelike atmosphere and see the room decorated for Christmas. You will get the possibility to study a wide range of local art and handmade crafts. From the village of Skarsvag you will return to the ship in Honningsvag.
Explore two of Norway’s North Cape fishing villages and a house full of Christmas treasures. Your tour starts with a drive through Honningsvag, gateway to the beautiful island of Magerøy, and winds along the Skipsfjord to Kamøyvær, the smallest of the island’s fishing villages. Catch a glimpse of spectacular rock formations on the way to Skarsvag and its North Cape Christmas and Winter House, which is chock full of Norwegian decorations, glass, pottery and more.
• Kamøyvær: Stop for photos of the lighthouse, lovely harbor, and art gallery in this scenic spot with only 100 inhabitants.
• Skarsvag: Visit the cozy and charming Christmas House in this town that claims to be the world’s northernmost fishing village.
• Spectacular rocks: Pause at a beautiful vantage point to see distinctive cliffs once used for rituals by Norway’s indigenous Samis.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Light jacket
• Guests must be able to walk two-tenths of a mile over flat and cobblestone surfaces.
• Tour order may vary.
• Tour will be offered in English only.