Explore two of Norway’s North Cape fishing villages and a house full of Christmas treasures. Your tour starts with a drive through Honningsvag, gateway to the beautiful island of Magerøy, and winds along the Skipsfjord to Kamøyvær, the smallest of the island’s fishing villages. Catch a glimpse of spectacular rock formations on the way to Skarsvag and its North Cape Christmas and Winter House, which is chock full of Norwegian decorations, glass, pottery and more.
• Kamøyvær: Stop for photos of the lighthouse, lovely harbor, and art gallery in this scenic spot with only 100 inhabitants.
• Skarsvag: Visit the cozy and charming Christmas House in this town that claims to be the world’s northernmost fishing village.
• Spectacular rocks: Pause at a beautiful vantage point to see distinctive cliffs once used for rituals by Norway’s indigenous Samis.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Light jacket
• Guests must be able to walk two-tenths of a mile over flat and cobblestone surfaces.
• Tour order may vary.
• Tour will be offered in English only.