This tour will be operated in English only. The tour starts with trip along the Riga Art Nouveau district and boulevards of Riga and will give You great chance to become familiar with many beautiful examples of Latvian architecture. After architectural part of the tour, visit of the Latvian National Museum of Fine Arts. Enter this time capsule and marvel at the red-carpet marble stairs and gilt walls and ceiling, which display murals of Latvian landscapes. View paintings of most famous Latvian and Russian masters in Latvia.
Tour the city’s splendid art nouveau district then admire paintings created by Latvian and Russian masters. Riga is called the “Paris of the North,” and it’s easy to see why — more than one-third of the buildings feature art nouveau architecture. Then step inside the Latvian National Museum of Art, an early 20th-century time capsule of red carpet, marble, and gilt walls and ceilings; its collection includes 50,000-plus works from the mid-18th century to the present.
• Half-day tour: Combine highlights of Riga’s impressive architecture along with a visit to the Latvia National Museum of Art.
• Art nouveau: Riga enjoyed an unprecedented financial boom in the 19th century, funding the 750-plus art nouveau buildings seen today.
• Majestic museum: Purpose built in 1905, the Latvian National Museum of Art features a magnificent baroque façade.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour is operated only in English.