This tour is designed for guests who would enjoy seeing Tallinn mainly from the comforts of a motor coach but still get a glimpse of Old Town too. Stop for photographs at the Tall Hermann Tower from where you will have the option to walk the short distance up Toompea Hill to Palace Square, to view the baroque Toompea Castle (external view only). You may also visit the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral dominating the city skyline. Departing from Tall Hermann Tower, you will continue past the original city walls, the Kaarli Church, the Estonian Opera and Ballet Theater and also Kadriorg Park. Proceed to the Song Festival Ground with its big arc shaped stage, which can accommodate 25 000 singers. You will pass by the Forest Cemetery into the seaside area of Pirita.
• Easy, 2-hour coach tour: See the highlights of Tallinn in seated comfort, with plenty of stops for photographs.
• Toompea Hill: In Estonian mythology, the hill is the burial mound over King Kalev’s grave, erected by his grieving wife.
• Optional walk: Walk the short distance up (850 yards) Toompea Hill to Palace Square to view the baroque Toompea Castle.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• The buses cannot travel up to Toompea Hill, therefore, there is an option to stay onboard and skip Nevsky Cathedral and Toompea Castle.