Travel by coach to Baixa to begin walk to center of Lisbon. Walk will take you from Praca da Figueira to Elevador da Gloria or Santa Justa Lift. Funicular is connection between Praca dos Restauradores & Bairro Alto or High Quarter. Ride spans 265 m & takes approx 5 mins, taking you to Sao Pedro de Alcantara Belvedere. Afterwards, enjoy glass of Port wine at solar do Vinho do Porto (interior vist) located next door to the Belveder. Short walk takes you to Sao Roque Church for interior visit. Note: must walk approx 1.5 miles over asphalt & cobblestone surfaces, inclines & 50+ steps. See full description for important & complete notes.
Experience the sights and flavors of Lisbon on foot and via funiculairre, as you see notable city landmarks before savoring a wine tasting. Join a guided walking tour through downtown Lisbon's main squares before taking a 5-minute Elevador de Gloria ride to the Bairrio Alto area, where you'll admire panoramic city views. Indulge in a tasty glass of port wine in a local bar before viewing the Church of Saint Roque's magnificent Chapels.
• Guided Walking Tour: Travel by foot through downtown Lisbon, passing Baixa's popular town squares, cozy cafes, and souvenir shops.
• Wine Tasting: Relish a glass of port wine while relaxing in a bar.
• Church of Saint Roque: Admire elaborate painted wood ceilings and Baroque accents while visiting the earliest Jesuit church in Portugal.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Appropriate weather gear (optional)
• Conservative church attire Important Notes:
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over asphalt and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• This tour will not operate on Monday mornings when the church is closed.
• This tour will operate in all weather conditions.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in church.
• The Port Wine Institute is closed on Sundays and will be substituted by Wine tasting at Carmo Hotel.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.