This tour showcases the best of Wellington with visits to New Zealand's National Museum and the Cathedral of St. Paul. You'll also see Parliament's House of Representatives and the childhood home of Katherine Mansfield. Enjoy a guided tour of the Te Papa National Museum, a world-class facility dedicated to New Zealand art, nature and human history. Finally, tour the Cathedral of St. Paul with its beautiful wooden arches, historic commemorative brass plaques, and stained glass windows. Total walking is approximately 1 mile with a flight of 25 stairs at Katherine Mansfield's House. Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
Explore the cultural heritage of Wellington with visits to the birthplace of New Zealand's most famous author, the National Museum and a beautiful historic cathedral. Visit the beautifully restored birthplace and childhood home of the prominent modernist writer of short fiction Katherine Mansfield. View a wide-range of exhibitions covering the nation's geological and natural history at New Zealand's National Museum, known as "Te Papa. Marvel at the beautiful Gothic-style of the Cathedral of Old St. Paul.
• Mansfield Home: Tour the birthplace of Katherine Mansfield, New Zealand's renowned author.
• "Te Papa": Gaze at a collection of contemporary and colonial artifacts as well as one of the finest Maori exhibitions.
• Cathedral of Old St Paul: Visit the city's timber-built historic church.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Total walking is approximately 1 mile with a flight of 25 stairs at Katherine Mansfield's House.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.