Set off on a walking tour through the history, heritage, and culture of Darwin. A local guide will share stories you won't find in any travel book. Visit the WWII Memorial and learn about Aussie aviation pioneers. See monuments to early European explorers. Gain rare insight into Aboriginal culture. Visit Bicentennial Park and see the old Overland Telegraph Line. Enjoy amazing views of the harbor and beaches as you explore Darwin on foot. The order of sights visited may vary and itinerary may be reversed. The weather can be quite hot and humid. Guests walk for 2 hours for 3 miles. Guests with mobility issues should not select tour. A small bottle of water is provided.
Discover and explore the historical sites, landmarks and culture of Darwin on a guided two-hour walking tour. Listen as a local guide provides revealing commentary about the Northern Territory, Aboriginal culture and Darwin's historic role in World War II. Visit memorials honoring war veterans, aviation pioneers and the victims of 1974's Cyclone Tracey. See monuments to European explorers, the Overland Telegraph Line, Bicentennial Park, Lameroo Beach and spectacular views of the harbor.
• Darwin: Enjoy an informative, guided walking tour that takes you to Darwin’s celebrated monuments, memorials and historic sites.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Australian currency for shopping
• Bottled water
• Rain gear
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• The weather can be quite hot and humid in Darwin and no refunds can be given due to the tropical climate.
• Guests walk for 2 hours for 3 miles over even/uneven surfaces with steps.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select tour.
• Vehicles travel on the left hand side of the road in Australia.
• The order of sights visited may vary and itinerary may be reversed.
• Use of umbrella recommended against sun, rain or as a walking stick.