This five-hour adventure packs it all in, as you shop around Urumarche farmers' market, drive along Ayahashi Mid-Sea Road, stand atop the Kafu Banta lookout, plus tour Nuchi Masu salt factory and Former Katsuren Castle Site. Your day begins at Urumarche market, where local farmers sell fresh produce and a food court offers plenty of tasty Okinawan lunch options. Breathe in the salty air swirling around Kafu Banta lookout point, admiring the emerald green cliffs that plunge into the bright-blue sea. Enter the nearby Nuchi Masu salt factory to learn about the process of extracting salt from local ocean waters to create a product known for its health benefits — you can even pick up salt-inspired souvenirs at the gift shop. A ride along Ayahashi Mid-Sea Road delivers postcard-perfect views of crystal-clear ocean waters frequented by wind surfers and swimmers. Your last stop at Former Katsuren Castle Site reveals the crumbling remains of a Ryukyuan gusuku fortress that was built on a limestone hill above the Pacific Ocean and is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Uruma: Shop Urumarche farmers' market stalls, drive along picturesque Ayahashi Mid-Sea Road, and relish island views from Kafu Banta lookout.
• Nuchi Masu: For decades this factory has used area ocean water to extract and crystalize salt filled with natural minerals.
• Former Katsuren Castle Site: Walk the old walls of a Ryukyuan gusuku teeming with ancient excavations, UNESCO prominence, and timeworn tales.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Tour sequence may vary.