Experience Okinawa's natural beauty, military history and food culture on a five-hour trip that includes Cape Manzamo's cliffs, the Southeast Botanical Gardens, and Michi-No-Eki observation deck. Stand beside the East China Sea atop the craggy Cape Manzamo cliffs, relishing the sound of crystalline blue breakers crashing into the rocky shore. Discover a green space teeming with 1,300 types of plants among the Southeast Botanical Gardens, where you can walk pathways lined with towering Alexander palms, aromatic herbs, dragon blood trees, ripe fruit bushes, baobab trees and blossoming lotus flowers. Your final stop at Michi-No-Eki roadside station leads you to the rooftop deck for panoramic views of the U.S. Kadena Air Force base next door. Watch military jets take off into the air and pick up specialty souvenirs at the onsite shop before heading back to the pier.
• Cape Manzamo: Explore a windswept cliff walk surrounded by shimmering blue tidal pools and 18th-century Ryukyuan folklore.
• Southeast Botanical Gardens: Traipse greenery-laden trails surrounded by Alexander palms, lotus-filled ponds, baobab trees and wily squirrel monkeys.
• Overlooking the U.S. Kadena military base from Michi-No-Eki's rooftop
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 50 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• The observation point may close due to strong winds.
• Tour sequence may vary.