This six-hour Okinawan excursion lets you experience the specialty shops of Michi-No-Eki before exploring marine life habitats and watching the dolphin show at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. Your first stop at the roadside Mich-No-Eki station gives you free time to peruse a selection of local souvenirs. When you enter Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium you'll be engulfed in the underwater world of Japan's most renowned aquarium. Handle sea cucumbers in the Coral Reef touch tanks and identify 70 different types of coral from The Coral Sea. Watch high-definition films in the Churaumi Theater, learn about feeding behaviors in the Shark Research Lab, and be awed by the massive manta rays and whale shark swimming around the enormous Kuroshio Sea tank. You'll even catch Okichan, the Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin, showing off acrobatic skills at the nearby Ocean Expo Park. Head back to the ship having encountered countless species of marine animals from area waters.
• Michi-No-Eki: This roadside rest area is the perfect spot to pick up specialty souvenirs and freshly baked goods.
• Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium: Discover sharks, manta rays and more living among large-scale marine exhibits, plus watch an entertaining dolphin show.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• The drive between pier and aquarium is approximately 85 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.