Relax in a motorcoach as your guide introduces you to “The Venice of Norway,” a colorful city of seven islands laced by canals and narrow streets. Admire Alesund’s distinctive Art Nouveau architecture, chosen for the city’s rebuilding after a disastrous 1904 fire. See how Norwegians lived from the Middle Ages through the 19th century at the Sunnmore Open Air Museum. Enjoy expansive views of city, harbor and mountains from Hessa lookout.
• Alesund Motorcoach Tour: Learn the history and admire the colorful Art Nouveau architecture of this bustling seaport.
• Sunnmore Open Air Museum: Explore 55 old-style Norwegian homes and see detailed replicas of Viking ships.
• Hessa viewpoint: Enjoy wonderful views of city and sea.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing (light jacket recommended)
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately a third of a mile over even surfaces, with two to three steps to enter and exit the coach.
• Amount of walking at Sunnmore Open Air Museum is at guest’s discretion.
• Tour order may vary.