Cast away from Alesund for a three-hour sightseeing boat cruise that takes you through the mountainous surrounds of Hjorundfjord to admire its breathtaking natural beauty and learn about the local fishing culture of Borgundfjord. As you drift away from the dock in Alesund, listen along as your guide explains about the town's devastating fire of 1904 and the distinct Art Nouveau architecture that remains today. Feel the crisp air whip across your face as you glide through Hjorundfjord, one of the longest fjords in Norway, spanning 22 miles. Look around to see the sharp peaks of the Sunnmore Alps, steep rock walls plunging to the water, and dense forests bordering green valleys along the shore. You'll pass quaint villages and local farms as you travel south of Alesund and into Borgundfjord, a prominent fishing grounds where large amounts of cod are caught each winter. Then sail through the Vegsundet strait — stretching a half-mile, these placid waters deliver more awe-inspiring Norwegian scenery on the return trip back to the pier.
• Alesund: Enjoy a relaxing sightseeing boat ride that showcases Norway's natural beauty and this town's Art Nouveau buildings.
• Hjorundfjord: Extending 22 miles, one of Norway's longest fjords is surrounded by craggy cliffs, green forests, and the Sunnmore Alps.
• Borgundfjord: Your scenic cruise route leads you through a popular fishing area and along the picturesque Vegsundet strait.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 12 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Tour sequence may vary.