Get out into Norway's natural landscapes while on a three-hour guided hiking adventure that leads you around the ridge of Mount Aksla to admire sweeping views of Borgundfjord's waterscape and Alesund's Art Nouveau architecture. Follow a local guide on foot along gravel pathways that wind through aromatic pine forest covering Mount Aksla's sky-high elevation. Catch a glimpse of the archipelago spanning Borgunfjord, a prime fishing spot surrounded by snow-covered peaks that plays a significant role in Norway's exportation of salted cod, prawns and other local fish. Descend the steep 418 steps that lead to the Town Park viewing platform to relish a spectacular view of Alesund, one of the last remaining Art Nouveau towns in the world. Hear somber tales of the fire that devasted most of the town in January 1904 while admiring the colorful facades and medieval turrets that crowd the town today. See statues commemorating famous Vikings and capture your cruise ship in the harbor before making the trek to the bus that transfers you back to the pier.
• Mount Aksla: Head out on a three-hour hike along woodland trails, enjoying views of the surrounding Sunnmore Alps.
• Borgundfjord: Take in the breathtaking landscape of snow-topped peaks, offshore islands, and alpine waterscapes as they unfold before you.
• Alesund: The Town Park's viewing platform delivers fantastic panoramas of the community's Art Nouveau architecture and harbor below.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 3 hours over uneven surfaces, with inclines and several steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Tour sequence may vary.