Are you ready to get cheesy? On this half-day excursion you’ll not only stroll through the quaint town of Gouda, but also browse its cheese museum and enjoy free time to explore on your own. After meeting your friendly and informative guide you’ll set out on foot across the cobblestone streets of Gouda, a tiny town in Holland dating back to the 13th century. During your journey you’ll glimpse the 15th-century city hall, one of the oldest gothic city halls in the Netherlands. At the nearby Weigh House you’ll wander through De Waag’s Gouda Cheese Museum. Watch as the three-century history of how Gouda became the center of Dutch dairy production is depicted through interactive audiovisual exhibits. You’ll also learn intricate details of the cheese-making process — from cow to finished product sold in local markets and worldwide. Enjoy a brief 30-minute interlude to explore independently, shop for souvenirs, or grab a small bite before venturing back to port.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Gouda: Join a guided walking tour through the charming Holland town and past its gothic city hall and stunning church.
• Cheese Museum: Learn about the area’s 300-year history of dairy production and the local cheese-making process while perusing enthralling exhibits.
• Free Time: With 30 minutes on your own, you can stroll, shop for souvenirs or enjoy a quick snack.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to enter/exit the coach independently.
• This tour is not appropriate for guests with limited mobility.
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 1 hour over cobblestone and uneven surfaces, and navigate 5 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Most shops are closed on Sunday.
• This tour does not operate from November 1 till March 31, as the Weigh House is closed.