Explore Amsterdam’s rich art history on a full-day trip that lets you independently explore the world-renowned Van Gogh Museum exhibits, plus enjoy free time to shop and dine in the historic Canal Ring district. A scenic motor coach drive from Rotterdam’s modern cityscape before arriving in the vibrant city of Amsterdam. Step inside the Van Gogh Museum, home to the world’s largest collection of paintings by Dutch post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh. Here you’ll have about 90 minutes to freely browse the galleries, where you can follow the life and artworks of the artist, viewing famous self-portraits and masterworks like ‘The Potato Eaters’ and ‘Sunflowers’. You are then free to roam about the 17th-century Canal Ring area, a UNESCO-listed site woven together by a maze of winding canals lined by gabled mansions. With over two hours, you can shop, see old churches and palaces, dine on authentic Dutch food, or stroll around the infamous Red Light District.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Holland: See Rotterdam’s modern buildings and countryside while traveling in a comfortable motor coach.
• Van Gogh Museum: Enjoy 90 minutes to leisurely admire the world’s largest collection of paintings by the Dutch artist.
• Amsterdam: With 2.5 hours of free time you can grab lunch, explore the Red Light District and souvenir shop.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.4 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 10 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Many shops are closed on Sunday and Monday mornings.
• No cameras or video equipment permitted inside museum.
• Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses not permitted inside museum.
• Bring local currency for use of lockers at museum.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive from Rotterdam to Amsterdam is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.