Experience the best Amsterdam has on offer with an eight-hour exploration that includes a scenic Canal Ring boat cruise plus plenty of free time to shop, stroll and enjoy a Dutch lunch. Sit back and relax while traveling by coach from the modern scenes of Rotterdam, learning about the polders, dikes and windmills famous to the Netherlands. Upon arrival in the beautiful city of Amsterdam you’ll board a glass-topped boat for a narrated sightseeing cruise through its UNESCO-listed Canal Ring district. Listen along as your knowledgeable guide points out gabled mansions and shares about the interesting residents who lived in them. Back on land you’ll enjoy nearly three hours at your leisure. Perhaps you’ll view the Royal Palace in bustling Dam Square, shop for blue Delftware in local shops, dine on bitterballen in a canal-side pub, or sip a pint of Dutch beer in the gritty Red Light District.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Holland: Learn about the Netherlands’ process of reclaiming land.
• Canal Ring: Enjoy a commentated boat cruise across a maze of canals, as Amsterdam’s history and architecture unfold before you.
• Amsterdam: Free time in the city means exploring the Red Light District, eating Dutch food, shopping for souvenirs and more.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be able to climb into the coach/boat and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Tour coaches and canal boats are not wheelchair accessible.
• Tour does not include lunch or entrance fees.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• The drive between Rotterdam and Amsterdam is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.