Before heading out of town, enjoy a delightful sightseeing boat cruise around Amsterdam’s historic Canal Ring and view Dutch windmills in all their glory — all with the ease and convenience of a Schiphol Airport drop-off. In the heart of Amsterdam you’ll board a motor boat, large picture windows and a glass roof. Cast away from the dock and glide along winding waterways encompassing the Canal Ring, a UNESCO World Heritage Site chock-full of 17th-century gabled mansions, packed bicycle racks, waterfront cafes and iconic landmarks. Then relax on a scenic motor coach drive through the countryside outside the city, where you can take snapshots of a Dutch windmill and learn the role they play in keeping Holland’s land dry. When you arrive at the airport you’ll have plenty of time to catch your flight home.
• Canal Ring: Hop in a glass-roofed motor boat for a narrated cruise past 17th-century mansions, cycling residents and Dutch architecture.
• Holland: Hear how local architects drained the area’s swampland to create the city of Amsterdam, plus see a windmill up-close.
• Schiphol Airport: The magic of Amsterdam unfolds before you — and a complimentary airport transfer is also included.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over varied surfaces, with inclines and about 15 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Tour coaches and canal boats are not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to climb into the coach/boat and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• This tour available only to guests with flights departing from Schiphol Airport on the last day of the cruise.
• Guests will be contacted by onboard Shore Excursions staff regarding departing flight information. For more information, please contact the Shore Excursions Desk onboard the ship.
• The drive between Amsterdam and airport is approximately 1 hour.
• This tour is available for guests with flights departing from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) after 2:00 pm for domestic flights or 3:00 pm for international flights.
• Tour sequence may vary.