Let the distinct cultural heritage of the Netherlands come alive on an eight-hour, step-free, small group tour that includes Amsterdam's historic center, fishing village of Volendam and trademark windmills of Zaanse Schans. Begin the exploration among Amsterdam's Canal Ring district, where you'll discover the retail-and-cafe bustle of Dam Square, the neon-lit coffee shops of the Red Light District, Nieuwmarkt's merchant vendors, and the 14th-century courtyard of Begijnhof. Then head out of town to Volendam, an old fishing village exuding authentic Dutch charm. Stroll the De Dijk harbor-front promenade, admiring residents wearing traditional clothing and enjoying a fresh seafood lunch at your leisure. Your final stop in nearby Zaanse Schans showcases well-preserved cultural traditions from 18th and 19th-century Holland. Watch artisans assemble wooden clogs and Delft Blue ceramics, breathe in the nutty aroma of Gouda being produced at the cheese farm, and learn the science behind the village's signature windmills, which are used to mill oil, flour, spices and more.
This tour is designed to be accessible for all, using step-free routes, shorter distances, accessible bathrooms and vehicles equipped with a ramp or lift for easy wheelchair access.
• Amsterdam: Enjoy a leisurely small-group stroll that includes Nieuwmarkt, Dam Square, Begijnhof courtyard and the world-famous Red Light District.
• Volendam: Experience the quaint harbor-front setting, wooden facades and fresh-caught seafood of this charming fishing village.
• Zaanse Schans: Traditional Dutch culture is represented through this rural village's clog-making warehouses, cheese farm and slowly-turning windmills.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Guests should not exceed maximum weight (guest and wheelchair combined) of 881 pounds, width of 36 inches, length of 54 inches and height of 75 inches.
• Mobility scooter users must transfer to a seat according to Dutch law.