Explore St. Johns’ coastal landscapes and history within a small group and in a unique way, as you maneuver a two-wheeled Segway to Fort James and along the shore, enjoying Antiguan refreshments on the beach. You’ll first take a short taxi ride to meet your local guide who will offer a safety and operational briefing on your self-balancing Segway. Then head out on two wheels as you skirt the shoreline of picturesque Fort James, passing trees, white sand beaches and the glistening Caribbean Sea. Follow a trail that leads to 18th-century Fort James, sitting high above the harbor where you can trace Antigua’s history while seeing its old walls, magazine and cannons. Top off the adventure with fresh fruit and sodas at a beach bar on Fort James Beach — beer and wine are also available for purchase. Here you’ll have plenty of time to relax on the beach and swim in the sea before returning to the pier.
• St. Johns: Discover white sand shorelines, coastal vistas and more on a two-wheeled Segway ride along Fort Bay.
• Fort James: Enter the 18th-century British bastion to trace the island’s military roots and see its timeworn cannons.
• Antiguan flavors: Refreshments are served at a local beach bar, plus enjoy time to frolic by the sea.
What to Bring
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .06 miles over flat, sandy surfaces, with inclines and about 2 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must complete safety training and wear safety gear to participate.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests' own risk.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Guests must be at least 12 years old to participate.
• Guests must weigh at least 100 pounds.
• Maximum weight on Segway is 260 pounds.