With this tour, you will get the opportunity to get an introduction into the wonderful sport of Scuba Diving. You start with a pool session for an introduction into the theory and skills of scuba diving. After the pool session, put your skills to work on a dive that is never deeper than 25 feet, and takes a maximum of 30 minutes. Minimum age is 12 years. Pregnant women are not allowed. Guests need to fill out a medical questionnaire. In case of any
health issues a signed and stamped physicians letter of approval is required.
First time divers can join this Aruba scuba expedition and learn how to use scuba gear in the safety of a swimming pool. Once you're used to the sensation of weightlessness, you'll set off on your fully guided adventure. Explore scattered remnants of a sunken oil freighter 25 feet below the surface and get up close to magnificent coral reefs, teeming tropical fish, stingrays and magnificent sea turtles before heading back to the ship. Highlights:
• Dive Training: Practice the fundamentals of scuba with a trained dive instructor for one hour before your guided shipwreck dive.
• Pedernalis Shipwreck: Dive for 30 minutes among groupers and angel fish while exploring remnants of a tanker, 25 feet down.
• Picturesque Settings: Pristine beauty of the Caribbean Sea and magnificently-hued tropical fish and live coral reefs. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Comfortable shoes
• Hat and sunglasses Important Notes:
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests must complete a medical questionnaire.
• Guests with known medical conditions must have a doctor's note.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting this tour.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.