Embark on a half-day tour of Bethlehem, considered the birthplace of Jesus, and tour its beloved Church of the Nativity, where he was born. Roam Bethlehem’s ancient pathways, where Christian pilgrims continue to gather after several millennia. Visit the sacred Church of the Nativity and its underground grotto, which is believed to be where Mary gave birth to Jesus of Nazareth. Enjoy panoramic views of Jerusalem’s Old City while traveling via coach back to port.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Bethlehem: Walk along the ancient pathways of this hallowed town, where devout Christian pilgrims have gathered for thousands of years.
• Church of the Nativity: Tour the basilica’s underground grotto, which is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus.
• Scenic Drive: Relish panoramic views of Jerusalem’s Old City while traveling in a comfortable motor coach back to port.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour duration may vary due to long waiting times to go down into the Grotto at the Church of the Nativity. Wait times approximately 1 to 3 hours.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1636 yards over cobblestone surfaces, paved surfaces, and negotiate approximately 10 steps.
• Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must cover shoulders and knees as religious sites will be visited on this tour.
• Bethlehem is in the Palestinian authority. A local guide will join the bus at the checkpoint. Israelis are not permitted to enter Bethlehem. The visit to the Church is combined with shopping in the city.
• Guests can expect sites to be crowded.
• The drive from Ashdod to Jerusalem is approximately one hour.