Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum! Experience the history, culture and age-old traditions behind authentic Barbadian rum on a dynamic — and tasty — tour of the renowned Mount Gay distillery. You’ll begin the day with a scenic drive in the comfort of an air-conditioned motor coach. Upon arrival at Mount Gay Visitors Centre you’ll embark on a guided tour of the aging facility and learn how they have been producing rum in the state-of-the-art facility, using the island’s natural resources, for 300 years. Learn the distinctive techniques that go into distilling, ageing and blending Mount Gay’s signature spirits. Then it’s sipping time: Taste a selection of their five famed rums and choose your favorite. Will it be Silver, Eclipse, Black Barrel, Extra Old, or 1703?
• Scenic Drive: Admire spectacular views of the ocean, notable landmarks, and Bridgetown’s cityscapes in the comfort of a motor coach.
• Mount Gay Visitors Centre: Learn the distilling, ageing and blending techniques that go into producing Mount Gay’s most popular rums.
• Rum Tasting: Sample a selection of the distillery’s five famed blends, all of which are produced using natural Barbadian ingredients.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 700 yards over cobblestone and navigate 10 steps.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility issues or physical challenges. There are many stairs at Mount Gay.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.