Hit the Hokianga's slopes on a sandboard adventure and visit Kawakawa, known for the Hundertwasser Toilets. Your tour begins with a cruise across the harbor to the coast of Hokianga, where you have the option of sandboarding or climbing the sand dunes to explore and learn about the region. Next, indulge in a delicious lunch in Opononi and visit Kawakawa to learn about the internationally renowned Hundertwasser Toilets, made from recycled bottles and reclaimed bricks.
• Hokianga dunes: Sand board down the slopes and into the water, or walk along the trails.
• Kawakawa: Learn about the renown Hundertwasser Toilets made from recycled bottles and reclaimed bricks.
• Lunch: Enjoy a fine lunch at the Opononi Hotel.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• There's moderate walking over flat concrete, stone, sand dune and paved surfaces.
• Guests should be able to climb up a moderate hill in order to participate in the activity.
• Guests with mobility issues should not participate.
• A reasonable standard of fitness is required to participate in the activity.