Enjoy the serenity of the Puketi Kauri Forest and explore caverns lit by twinkling glowworms. Prepare to be awestruck as you get up close to the ancient and majestic Kauri trees during an educational guided walking tour of Puketi Kauri’s sub-tropical rainforest rich in native flora and fauna. Next, be surrounded by luminous glow worms in the natural underground wonderland of the Kawiti Caves, and bask in its unique stalactite and stalagmite formations.
• Puketi State Forest: See ancient, majestic trees and other native flora and fauna.
• Kawiti Caves: Enjoy a sparkling spectacle of glow worms, along with magnificent stalactite and stalagmite formations.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit card
• Insect repellant
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Light jacket/sweater
• Walking shoes
• Puketi State Forest is wheelchair accessible.
• Guests with mobility issues should take precaution.
• Cameras are not permitted to be used in the glow worm caves.