Explore much more of Bergen in less time on an easy-to-operate Segway — a two-wheeled, self-balancing battery-powered transporter. After a brief safety overview, you’re off on your fully guided, two-hour adventure, rolling along through Bergenhus Fortress, which dates back to the 13th century, and its beautiful park. Make your way to historic Hanseatic wharf in Bryggen, with its rows of colorful, gabled buildings, some dating back centuries. Roll past the lively fish market and Bergen Aquarium on your way to the far west of town to the charming neighborhood of Nordnes and another pretty park. Venture up to a monastery and through classic narrow alleyways, and glide past the national theater and Gothic Revival St. John’s Church and the octagonal Lille Lungegårdsvann lake. While along Fjellveien, a popular hiking path, enjoy wonderful views over the city center and surrounding areas — and some excellent photo opportunities — before heading back.
What’s great about this tour is that your route takes you through traffic-free roads or roads with little traffic as well as parks, ensuring you spend your time enjoying the scenery less time navigating busy streets. Plus your guide is with you throughout the trip, showcasing the city and ensuring your trip is as safe as it is memorable.
• Explore via Segway: See more in less time on an easy-to-operate Segway, a two-wheeled, self-balancing battery-powered transporter.
• See the best of Bergen: Roll along the historic wharf and colorful fish market, beautiful parks, traditional neighborhoods and more.
• Great for groups: Gather friends and families for one of the most entertaining ways to see the city.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Flat, comfortable shoes
• Comfortable clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be at least 16 years old to participate.
• Guests should not exceed maximum weight of 117 kg (about 250 pounds).
• All guests must wear helmets and safety vests.
• Tours run rain or shine; complimentary rain ponchos are available upon request.
• Total time spent on the Segway is about 2 hours.