Thrill on an exhilarating RIB (rigid inflatable boat) adventure around the harbor, chasing the waves as you explore the city’s surrounding fjords. Bergen, the gateway to the fjords, is a coastal city with many islands and skerries (islets), and this 50-minute tour gives you a great perspective of the charming cityscape and gets you up close to the region’s staggering natural beauty. After a safety briefing, you’ll don waterproof and windproof suits and begin your trip. Starting out slowly, you’ll head out of the bay, kicking up speed—up to 30 knots — as you ride under two bridges connecting the islands of Askøy and Sotra to the mainland — expect to get wet! Your fun, bumpy adventure also includes a couple of stops to take in the scenery or photograph the typical, unforgettable western Norway landscape.
• RIB adventure: Safe rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) bring you close to the magnificent fjord landscape.
• Start slowly: Heading out of the harbor and bay, admire Bergen’s charming skyline.
• Chase the waves: Speed up as you explore the fjord landscape, riding under two bridges connecting to the mainland.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Comfortable clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able swimmers, must be fit to participate and must not be afraid of high speed (up to 30 knots).
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women, small children and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests should not have conditions triggered by cold water.
• Travel under Sotra Bridge is weather permitting. The tour always includes travel under Askøy Bridge.