Experience the rich history and natural beauty of Bergen from the sea on a two-hour narrated sailing adventure limited to only 12 guests that takes you past the historic Bryggen wharf, around Pudde Fjord and along picturesque Laksevag village. A half-hour stroll through town leads you to the dock where you’ll board your sailing vessel, which is equipped with all the necessary safety gear as well as an indoor heated lounge. As you cruise along the dramatic Norwegian coast, listen along as your guide shares tales of Hanseatic merchants who lived in colorful wooden houses lining the old Bryggen wharf during the 1300s. Navigate blue waters past small inlets tucked amid the Pudde Fjord, as you round the tip of Nordnes peninsula. Glide past the charming hillsides of Laksevag and its wharf, as you hear about the area’s renowned maritime industry and view towering Damsgardsfjellet mountain off in the distance. Fill up on Norwegian lefse (pancakes) and refreshments onboard the boat before returning to dry land.
• Bryggen: Delight in a two-hour, small-group sailing voyage along Bergen’s picturesque coastline and past this old Hanseatic wharf.
• Learn about Bergen’s rich history from your captain as you sail around the Nordnes Peninsula.
• Laksevag: Learn about this hillside town’s thriving maritime industry, plus enjoy the view of towering Damsgardsfjellet mountain.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 30 minutes over various surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Hoisting of the sail is dependent on weather conditions.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Seating on the outer deck is not guaranteed.