Capture the authentic beauty of Norway while on a 5.5-hour guided adventure that delivers up-close glimpses of the majestic Hardangerfjord, plus see Steinsdalsfossen waterfall and independently explore Norheimsund village's shops and restaurants. Relax on a narrated drive from the pier in Bergen, as your local guide shares all about Norway's geological history. Feast your eyes on Hardangerfjord, the fourth-longest fjord in the world, as you wind around its steep cliffsides, snow-covered peaks, and icy alpine waters. On a clear day, you'll view Folgefonna, a series of three plateau glaciers that serve as a popular summer ski resort across the fjord's narrow inlet. Your sightseeing route then leads to Steinsdalsfossen, one of Norway's most photographed waterfalls. Hear the powerful rush of water cascading over craggy rocks and follow a paved stairway for the chance to stand behind the 50-meter-tall waterfall. Your last stop in the nearby town of Norheimsund provides a bit of free time to stroll along the waterfront, shop for souvenirs, or grab a quick bite to eat before returning to the pier.
• Hardangerfjord: Enjoy a commentated coach drive around Norway's second-longest fjord, with breathtaking views of snowy mountains and Folgefonna Glacier.
• Steinsdalsfossen: Feel the rush of this powerful waterfall while standing on an observation lookout situated behind the falls.
• Norheimsund: With 25 minutes of free time in this charming village, you can shop, stroll or dine as you wish.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour does not include lunch or entrance fees.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.