Feel the adrenaline rush of enduring a five-hour, fully-guided, on-foot trek up Ulriken mountain, as you enjoy sweeping fjord views and refreshments at the summit before riding a cable car back down to Bergen. Meet your trusty hiking guide at the base of Ulriken, the highest of the Seven Mountains, at 643 meters above sea level. Then head out on a strenuous trek across a footbridge and gravel paths that lead you from hilly woodlands above the tree line to the mountain's peak. Breathe in the fresh air while taking in 360-degree views of Bergen, with its red-roofed houses, dramatic fjord landscapes, archipelago of islands, and ships anchored in the harbor. Warm up inside the Skyskraperen restaurant with coffee, tea and authentic Norwegian cinnamon buns — free time is also yours to relax, enjoy the view, and snap photos as you please. Rest your feet while riding in a cable car back to sea level, where a motor coach awaits to transport you back to the pier.
• Ulriken: Set out on foot alongside a guide who leads you across gravel forest trails that ascend this 643-meter-tall mountain.
• Summit: Relish breathtaking panoramas of the fjord and Bergen's cityscape, plus rejuvenate your energy with coffee, tea, and cinnamon buns.
• Bergen: Take a cable car trip back to sea level, with Norway's unforgettable scenery forever etched in your mind.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Warm clothes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.4 miles (2 hours, 45 minutes) uphill over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests suffering from a fear of heights should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Cable car operation subject to weather conditions.
• Tour sequence may vary.