Think pink on this leisurely, commentated drive on the lookout for Bonaire's famous flamingos. Travel through the countryside to the southeast's lush mangrove forests, stopping for a refreshment break at the spectacular bay where you can dip your feet in the turquoise waters. At the salt flats of Pekelmeer (Pink Lake), shrimp-filled pools attract flocks of flamingos. Touch history inside the crude huts that sheltered the 19th century slaves who worked and harvested salt here.Highlights:
• Scenic Commentated Ride: The guide will share island history and explain Bonaire's salt production during and after slavery.
• Salt Flats: Pink pools attract flocks of flamingos and other birds. Go inside the former slave huts still standing here.
• Lac Bay: Cool off with an icy drink at the Sorobon Beach bar overlooking the turquoise waters popular with windsurfers. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses Restrictions:
Maximum Weight: 250 pounds
Minimum Height: 78 inches
• Weight and height restrictions are relative to vehicles used and the comfort of the guest, plus the guest sitting next to them.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.